When is the right time to replace your commercial roof? You may think that all roofs last 50 years, but that is not the case when it comes to flat roofs. Depending on the material and maintenance checks over the years, your flat roof should last 10-30 years. Commercial roofing that goes too long without replacement can lead to thousands of dollars in building repairs, including an overdue roof replacement.
Here are some common signs that your flat roof needs to be replaced:
- More than 20 years old
- Cracks in the roof coating
- Lack of regular maintenance and repairs
- Repairs do not last long before a new problem appears
- Repairs and maintenance fees stack up to more than a roof replacement
- or air pockets between the roof and the roof membrane