Enjoy spending time with your friends and family? So do we!
At A-1 Roofing, we value a healthy work/life balance. We offer weekends off, paid holidays, 3 weeks of PTO, summer Fridays, & more!
We are a commercial roofing company that services Long Island & the Tri-State Area. We are innovative, collaborative, and customer-centric and our goal is to change the world. We intend each day to make ourselves and those around us better, going out into society, and making a positive impact.
Duties, Functions, and Responsibilities (not limited to)
- Review and understand the scope of work and project specifications.
- Develop and maintain relationships with manufacturers, distributors, suppliers, and customers to strategically approach jobs and purchases.
- Track, manage, and debrief all projects.
- Maintain job communication for change-order management with field personnel
- Provide improvement recommendations to cost-estimating procedures to reduce future discrepancies between estimated and actual costs.
- Review project assignments, plan procedures for construction on the basis of starting and completion times and analyze staffing and material requirements for each phase of construction.
- Confer with building owners/managers, direct supervisory personnel, and subcontractors in interpreting specifications or blueprints, and coordinate various phases of construction to meet project and customer requirements and prevent delays.
- Confer with supervisors, vendors, and inspectors to resolve problems and improve methods
- Perform final walk-through.
- Review jobs after close-out to determine overall job performance.
- Be responsible for communicating and coordinating with superintendents and/or foremen.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Analysis – Ability to read and interpret blueprints and specifications; collect and research data and use intuition and experience to complement information.
- Safety and security – Ability to identify, correct, and report unsafe conditions according to company and OSHA standards.
- Productivity – Demonstrate the ability to meet and exceed productivity standards; works quickly and accurately.
- Budgeting – Ability to understand the implications of change orders and loss/gain production on job budgets.
- Leadership –Exert informal leadership with individuals at all levels of a company as well as customers, vendors, manufacturers, suppliers and distributors.
- Management – Ability to juggle schedules, details and outcomes; prioritize and plan work activities; use time efficiently.
- Teamwork – Ability to work with others to accomplish goals; balance team and individual responsibilities; give and welcome feedback.
- Construction Knowledge – Must have prior experience managing projects in the construction industry. Prior roofing knowledge preferred.
- Heights – must be comfortable climbing ladders & using other methods to get onto the roof for roof inspections and other related tasks that require an on-site walk-through.
We offer a variety of benefits including
- 401k with company match
- Health benefits with monthly employer contribution
- Referral Program
- Vacation time, sick time, holiday pay
- Professional & Personal Development
- Employee Assistance
- Hybrid work schedule
- Team Development events
- Holiday Party
- Opportunities for growth
- Healthy Culture
- $85,000.00 – $125,000.00 per year